Written in a lucid style the book contains charts, illustrations and graphs that make the subjectmatter easy to understand.
Unit—I. Development Policies and Experience (1947—90)
Unit—II. Economic Reforms Since 1991
- Indian Economy at the Time of Independence
- Common Goals of Five Year Plans
- Agriculture During Plans : Features, Problems and Policies
- Industry During Plans : Features, Problems and Policies
- Foreign Trade of India : Features, Problems and Policies.
Unit—III. Current Challenges Facing The Indian Economy
- Liberalisation, Globalisation and Privatisation : Need, Features and Appraisal
Unit-IV. Development Experience of India : A Comparison With Neighbours
- Poverty in India
- Rural Development in India
- Human Capital Formation in India
- Employment in India : Growth, Problems and Policies
- Infrastructure in India : Meaning, Types and Case Studies
- Environment and Sustainable Economic Development.
Appendix : Important Concepts of National Income
- India, Pakistan and China
- Model Questions and Answers
- World Economy at a Glance
- Economic Survey