This book provides a down-to-earth description of techniques involved in designing, conducting and applying marketing research to the problems in business organisations.
This book can be used as a textbook by the management students specialising in the area of marketing.
- The emphasis is on developing an understanding of the principles and their applications.
- Case studies on actual Indian market situations have been included.
Part I—Principles : Marketing Research — An Overview
- Problem, Discovery and Formulation
- Marketing Research Process
- Scientific Method
- Research Designs
- Experimental Research Designs (Experimentation).
Part II—Data Collection : Secondary Data
- Primary Data Collection
- Survey Method and its Administration
- Questionnaire Design
- Attitude Measurement and Scaling Techniques
- Observation Method
- Sampling Techniques
- Selecting a Sample.
Part III—Data Analysis : Processing of Collected Data
- Cross Tabulation Data
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Multivariable Analysis
- Presentation of Research Findings.
Part IV—Application : Product Research
- Advertising Research
- Motivation Research
- Sales Control Research.
Part V—Miscellaneous Issues : Ethical Issues in Marketing Research
- Future of Marketing Research
- Cases and Tables.
2nd Revised Edition