- A detailed chapter on vector analysis has been added in the beginning of the book. This has been done to reduce the mathematical requirements on the part of the student.
- The book has been written in SI units.
- Several new topics have been added at appropriate places.
- The book has a very large number of solved and unsolved numerical problems from different university and competitive examinations.
- At the end of each chapter, all kinds of objective type questions have been included.
- Electrical units
- The fundamental principles of electrostatics
- The electric field
- Electric potential
- Systems of conductors and capacitance
- Electro-static energy of charges
- The General Electrostatic problem
- Electrostatic instruments.
Part II—Current Electricity
- Primary and secondary cells
- Steady currents
- Magnetic effects of currents
- Electrical instruments
- Measurement of resistance and potential
- Heating effects of currents
- Chemical effects of currents
- Electromagnetic induction
- Transient currents
- Alternating currents
- Alternating current bridges
- Network Analysis
- Magnetic properties of materials
- Magnetic circuits
- Maxwell’s equations—electromagnetic waves.
6th Revised Edition