This book is an excellent work pertaining to HRM. All the topics are systematically arranged and analytically presented. It adopts a contemporary approach. The major strength of book is that it gives lot of insights about the practicality of the concepts from the Indian perspective.
The summary, test questions and the case studies given at the end of every chapter add lot of value to this book. The bibliography is extensive.
The author has also included various types of end of chapter application exercise to help students begin to apply what they have learned. Human Resource Management text has much to offer and is worth consideration for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Systematic arrangement and analytical presentation of the subject matter
- Contemporary approach
- Comprehensive arrangement of topics
- Insights from Indian Industries in the form of boxes
- Provides an in depth understanding of the subject
Section I—Introduction to HRM
Section II—Acquiring Human Resources
- Nature and Scope of HRM
- Organising the HRF
- Strategic HRM
- Human Resource Policies.
Section III—Developing Human Resources
- Human Resource Planning, Job Analysis & Job Design
- Recruitment and Selection, Placement, Induction and Socialisation.
Section IV—Managing Performance & Compensation
- Employee Training
- Executive Development
- Career Planning and Development
- Human Resource Development
- Employee Empowerment.
Section V—Maintaining & Retaining Human Resources
- Performance Appraisal
- Job Evaluation, Wage and Salary Administration
- Incentive Compensation.
Section VI—Integrating Human Resources
- Job changes
- Transfers, Promotions and Separations
- Absenteeism and Labour Turnover
- Employee Health & Safety
- Employee Welfare
- Social Security
- Work Environment
- Discipline and Grievance
Section VII—Human Resource Control
- Industrial Relations and Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions
- Collective Bargaining
- Workers' Participation in Management
- Job Satisfaction
- Human Relations
- Quality of Working Life
- Management of Stress and Burnout.
Section VIII— Emerging Horizons in HRM
- Human Resources Records, Research and Audit
- Human Resource Accounting and Information System
- Human Resource Management in Virtual Organisation
- International HRM
- HRM in a Changing Environment.
19th Thoroughly Revised Edition