About The Book
Basic Financial Management has been prepared to meet the requirements of students taking B.Com. of University of Delhi. The Scope of financial decision making has substantially widened with new concepts appearing on the horizon. Consistent with the objective, the book presents an analytical framework of the related subject-matter. Numerical examples and illustrations have been used extensively to explain the application of different concepts.
Comprehensive and systematic coverage and analytical presentation of the subject matter.
Chapter Theme and Chapter Plan in the beginning of each chapter to give the bird's eyeview of the contents of that chapter.
Objective Type Questions (with answers) given at the end of each chapter.
Sufficient examples and solved illustrations/problems given at appropriate places.
Extensive use of Charts, Graphs and Diagrams.
Unit One: Financial Management: An Overview
Unit Two: Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Financial Management – An Introduction
- Time Value of Money
Unit Three: Cost of Capital and Financing Decision
- Capital Budgeting – An Introduction
- Capital Budgeting – Techniques of Evaluation
Unit Four: Dividend Decision
- Cost of Capital
- Leverage Analysis
- EBIT-EPS Analysis
- Leverage, Cost of Capital and Value of the firm
- Factors of Capital Structure
Unit Five: Working Capital Management
- Dividend Decision and Valuation of the Firm
- Dividend Policy: Determinants and Constraints
- Introduction to Working Capital
- Working Capital: Estimation and Calculations
- Management of Cash
- Receivables Management
- Inventory Management
10th Revised Edition