Aabout the Book
Securities are financial instruments issued to raise funds. The Primary function of the securities markets is to enable to flow of capital from those that need it. This book have been taken to consider the syllabi at All India Level and it will be useful very much for B.Com, BBA, MBA, M.Com. and Business related courses.
- Written in a lucid and simple style, the book comprises of five parts covering various aspects of Securities Market and Security Laws or SEBI regulations governing the Securities Market.
- The initiatives of SEBI for promoting and regulating securities market are well discussed at the appropriate places of the book
- The book covers Basics of Investing, Do’s and Don’ts of Investing, measures taken by SEBI to safeguard the investing community, Redressal of grievances of Investors, Investor education and awareness programs.
- Part IV titled Knowledge Refresher covers Quizzes on Securities Market, Model question papers, Past years question papers of reputed universities and The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi.
- The practical aspects of stock exchange operations and important stock exchanges functioning in India and at International level are covered in chapter 6 of the book.
Part I: Securities Market – New Issues & Stock Exchange
Part II: Securities Market – Regulatory Framework Mutual Fund
- Indian Financial System
- Basics of Investing
- Capital Market Instruments
- Money Market
- Primary Market/New Issues Market
- Stock Exchanges – National and International
Part III: Securities Market Intermediaries – Regulatory Framework
- SEBI-Establishment, Structure, Composition Powers and Securities Appellate Tribunal
- Regulation of Contracts in Securities
- SEBI (Delisting of Equity Shares) Regulations, 2021
- Buy-Back of Securities
- SEBI (Share Based Employee Benefits and Sweat Equity) Regulations, 2021
Part V: Annexures
Annexure - I: List of Recognised Investor Associations in India
- Securities Market Intermediaries – Role and Responsibilities
- Depository System
- Insider Trading
- Investor Protection – Role of SEBI and Ombudsman
- Part IV: Knowledge Refresher
- QUIZ on Securities Market
- Model Question Paper
- Past Years Question Papers of Universities
- Past Years Question Papers of ICSI
- Case Laws Relating to Securities Market and Regulations
- Figures / Charts
- Problems & Keys
Annexure - II: Registered List of Depositories
Annexure - III: Registered List of Depository Participants
Annexure - IV: NISM Certification Examinations – An Overview