The author, Dr. V. Balachandran speaks briefly about the book.
- It is eighteenth revised edition, of course, retaining the basics of indirect taxes
- It covers the syllabus of M.Com/MBA/CA/CS/CMA/all other undergraduate Business related courses completely.
- New Concepts have been explained in a lucid manner.
- It is written in a simple language and the text is self-explanatory.
- Adequate questions have been incorporated at the end of every chapter including multiple choice questions.
- Tables and Diagrams are provided wherever necessary to illustrate the text.
SECTION A – INTRODUCTION
SECTION B – GOODS AND SERVICES TAX
- Introduction to GST
- Framework of GST- Definitions
- Scope, Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice, Credit and Debit Notes
- Accounts and Records
- Payment of Tax
- Assessment and Audit
- Inspection, Search, Seizure and Arrest
- Demands and Recovery
- Advance Ruling
- Appeals and Revision
- Offences and Penalties
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 [IGST]
- Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
- Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States ) Act, 2017
- Practical Aspects under GST Law
- Tax Planning under GST
SECTION C – THE CUSTOMS ACT, 1962
- Finance Act, 2018- Budgetary Changes in Customs Act, 1962
- Customs Duty Historical Background
- Levy and Collection of Customs Duty
- Prohibition on Importation and Exportation of Goods
- Special Provisions for Detection and Prevention of Illegal Import and Export
- Valuation of Goods Under Customs Act
- Exemption from Duty
- Refund of Customs Duty & Advance Ruling
- Clearance of Import Goods
- Clearance of Export Goods
- Customs Duty Drawback
- Baggage, Postal Articles and Stores
- Search, Seizure Arrest and Confiscation of Goods
- Adjudication and Appeals
- Offences and Prosecutions
SECTION D – TAX PLANNING AND INDIRECT TAXES
SECTION E – QUIZ AND PRACTICAL QUESTIONS WITH KEY
- QUIZ on GST and Customs Law
- Practical Problems & Key Under Customs Law
- Problems and Key Under GST Law
18th Thoroughly Revised Edition 2019