A nutritious diet for a healthy brain to help you come out with flying colours in the examination.
- The book is addressed to BEGINNERS in Economics.
- Basic concepts and principles of Economics have been explained in an easy to understand style.
- Evolution of Indian Economy has been discussed in a very simple language.
- Short sentences and small paras help in understanding the growth experience of the Indian Economy.
- Discussion of all the individual topics is based on the latest available data, facts and information from official and non-official sources.
- Supplements appended at the end of the book are a very rich source of learning and understanding current issues confronting the economy.
- The subject matter, in supplements, is a gold mine for aspirants of civil services.
- Long statistical tables have been dispensed with instead graphs have been liberally used.
- MCQs , true/ false statements type of objective questions appended at the end of each chapter serve as an aid to correct and precise understanding of the subject-matter in the text.
Unit-I: Development Policies and Experience (1947 – 90)
Unit-II: Economic Reforms since 1991
- Indian Economy at the Time of Independence
- Common Goals of Five Year Plans
- Agriculture During Plans: Features, Problems and Policies
- Industry During Plans: Features, Problems and Policies
- Foreign Trade of India: Features, Problems and Policies
Unit-III: Current Challenges Facing the Indian Economy
- Liberalisation, Globalisation and Privatisation: Need, Features and Appraisal
Unit-IV: Development Experience of India: A Comparison with Neighbours
- Poverty in India
- Rural Development in India
- Human Capital Formation in India
- Employment in India: Growth, Problems and Policies
- Infrastructure in India: Meaning, Types and Case Studies
- Environment and Sustainable Economic Development
- Inflation: Problems and Policies
- India, Pakistan and China
- Supplement A – Union Budget 2020-2021 – At a Glance
- Supplement B – Global Statistical Profile
- Supplement C – Farm Laws 2020
- Supplement D – Selected Questions and Answers
- Supplement E – Glossary of Economic Terms and Concepts