Banking Law & Practice has constantly kept pace with the changing scenario in Indian Banking. Relevant Provisions of all relevant recent enactments have been incorporated at appropriate places. For Example, Banking Laws Act, 2012, Credit Information Companies Act, Consumer Protection Act, Limited Liability Partnership Act, Secularisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, Right to Information Act, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act have been duly dealt with.
- The coverage of the subject-matter is exhaustive followed by numerous exam. questions and practical problems.
- It is an ideal textbook for the under-graduate and post-graduate students of all Indian Universities.
- Thoroughly revised, updated and enlarged edition.
Part One - Banking System in India
- Financial Institutions in India—An Overview
- Reserve Bank of India.
Part Two - Banker and Customer
- Relationship between Banker and Customer
- Customers Accounts with the Banker
- Special Types of Banker's Customers
Part Three - Law Relating to Negotiable Instruments
- Negotiable Instruments
- Crossing of Cheques
- Payment of Cheques
- Collection of Cheques
- Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes
- Rights and Liabilities of Parties and Negotiable Instruments.
Part Four - Employment of Bank Funds
- The Liquid Assets; Investment in Securities
- Loans and Advances Assessing Credit worthness of Borrowers
- Appraisal of Term Loan Proposal
- Secured Advances–Modes of Creating Charge
- Secured Advances–Types of Securities
- Purchase and Discounting of Bills
- Letters of Credit
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Priority Sectors–Concept, Coverage and Targets
- Financing of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Financing of Agriculture & Other Priority Sectors
- Ancillary Services of a Banker
Part V - Regulation on Banks
- Credit Policy of Reserve Bank of India
- Prudential Regulation over Banks
- Customer’s Grievances and Redvessal
- Securitisation and Reconstruction of Final Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act 2002
25th Revised Edition