The Second revised and enlarged edition of the book entitled “Legal Systems in Business”. The book contains 38 chapters in which 22 chapters of Law of Contract and Special Contracts in Volume I, 9 chapters of Company Law in Volume II and 7 chapters of Other Laws in Volume III. The new edition attempts to present the ‘Law of Contract’ in which the General Principles of Law of Contracts, the ‘Company Law’, the Labour Law and the ‘Other Laws’ in a way that makes the subject easily intelligible even to a non-specialist.
The salient features of this revised edition are as follows:
- The Company Act, 2013 (Schedules) has been thoroughly updated and amended up to 2020 to our esteemed readers.
- The Designs Act, 2000 has been included in the Intellectual Property Rights.
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 has also been including under Labour Laws.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 has been provided as a separate chapter under Other Laws.
- The intricate points of law have been illustrated by examples, and the subject has been dealt with by topics rather than in the strict order of Sections in the various Acts.
- The book shows how the principles of law are applied to the problems which arise in day-to-day conduct of business.
Although a sincere attempt has been made to ensure that this book is absolutely devoid of errors, some may have inadvertently crept in. The feedback of the readers in this regard would be highly appreciated and will go a long way in the enhancement and improvement of the book in subsequent editions.
- It gives a summary of important provisions at the end of each chapter so that the readers can recapitulate what he has learnt.
Volume I – Law of ContractIntroductory
Part One – General Principles of Law of Contract
Part Two – Special Contracts
- Nature of Contract
- Offer and Acceptance
- Capacity to Contract
- Free Consent
- Legality of Object
- Void Agreements
- Contingent Contracts
- Performance of Contract
- Discharge of Contract
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
- Indemnity and Guarantee
- Bailment and Pledge
- Contract of Agency
- Sale of Goods
- Conditions and Warranties
- Transfer of Property
- Performance of Contract
- Rights of an Unpaid Seller
- Partnership Act
- Negotiable Instruments
Volume II – Company Law
- Nature of Company
- Kinds of Companies
- Formation of Company
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- Management of the Company
- Accounting and Audit
- Winding Up of Companies – Different Models of Winding Up
Volume III – Other Laws
- The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- The Competition Act, 2000
- The Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Intellectual Property Rights
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- Labour Laws
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992
2nd Revised Edition