The present book has been written to meet the requirements of students of Intermediate Course (New Syllabus) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- The Book comprehensively covers provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 as amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2002 and Companies (Second Amendment) Act, 2002, reported important case-law upto 31 st December 2002, and SEBI Guidelines upto 20th January, 2006.
- The book has been written in an easy language.
- Questions asked in previous examinations (under old syllabus) have been included so as to give the readers an idea about the nature and kind of questions being asked by ICSI.
- Every effort has been made to provide the readers with most up-to-date and authentic material on the subject.
- Nature of Company
- Types of Companies
- Promotion and Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association Prospects
- Share Capital and Shares
- Investment, Loans Borrowings and Debentures
- Mortgages and Charges
- Company Deposits
- Sole Selling and Sole Buying Agents
- Company Secretary
- Practicing Company Secretary
- Company Management (Directors, Managing Director, Whole-lime Director & Manager)
- Company Meeting General
- Meetings – General Body Meetings
- Meetings – Board Meetings
- Meetings – Resolution and Minutes
- Registers and Returns
- Divisible Profits and Dividends
- Accounts and Audit
- Board’s Report and Disclosure
- Inspection and Investigation
- Majority Powers and Minority Rights/Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Compromises and Arrangements – An Overview
- Winding-up of Companies
- Law Relating to Co-operative Societies
- The Societies Registration Act – 1860
- Law Relating to Trusts, Indian Trust Act – 1882
- Application of Company Law to Different Sectors such as Banking, Insurance, etc., E-Governance and E-Filing
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Multiple Choice OTQ