The book has been prepared to meet the requirements of students taking M.Com. MBA, PGDBM, CFA, and other Post – graduate Courses in Finance. The space of investment decision making is widening as new concepts and financial products are appearing on horizon. The book attempts to comprehend the development taking place in the area of Investment Analysis. It aims to present the intricate and complex tools and techniques of Investment management in simplified way. Numerical examples and illustrations have been used extensively to explain the application of different concepts. The book is equally useful for Investment Researchers, Investment Practitioners & all types of Investors.
Part I : Investment Environment
Part II : Indian Capital Market
- Understanding Investment
- Financial Markets, Participants and Instruments.
Part III : Fixed Interest Securities
- Securities Market in India : Structure and Trading
- Mutual Funds.
Part IV : Equity Shares : Analysis and Valuation
- Bond Fundamentals
- Bond Valuation and Management.
Part V : Risk-Return Relationship and Portfolio Management
- Fundamental Analysis : E-I-C Approach
- Technical Analysis and Market Efficiency
- Valuation of Equity Shares
Part VI : Derivatives and Risk Management
- Risk-Return Analysis in Investment
- Portfolio Theory : Portfolio Selection and Management
- Capital Assets Pricing Model, Arbitrage Pricing Theory and Portfolio Evaluation
Part VII : Changing Structure of Indian Capital Market
- Financial Derivatives : Forwards and Futures
- Options : Strategies and Valuation
- Swaps and Credit Derivatives
Investment in Real Assets
Compounded Value Tables, Present Value Tables and, Standard Area Table
- Indian Capital Market : Emerging Trends
- Investors’ Protection, Unfair Trade Practices and Insider Trading
- Structured Debt, Securitization and Assets—Backed Securities.
4th Revised Edition