“Principles and Practice of Accountancy” is designed to meet the needs of students of B.Com. Course without Accountancy background.
- It is the first introductory text to present accounting in the most understandable manner through the application of accounting equation and according to the modern approach through the use of diagrams.
- Difficult concepts have been explained in a simple manner.
- Modern developments in the field of accounting have been duly incorporated at relevant places.
Part One : Basic of Financial Accounting
Unit I : Accounting Equation
Unit II : Rules of Debit and Credit—Journal & Ledger
Unit III : Recording of Cash Transactions
Unit IV : Recording of Non-cash Transactions
- Accounting : Introduction
- Accounting Concepts
- Basic Accounting Process
Part Two : Partnership Account
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Trial Balance and Rectification of Errors
- Capital & Revenue Items and Final Accounts
- Depreciation, Reserves and Provisions
- Receipts and Payments Account & Income and Expenditure Account
- Consignment Accounts
- Joint Venture Accounts
- Average Due Date and Account Current
- Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes
- Accounts from Incomplete Records
- Single Entry System
Part Three : Special Accounting Problems
- Introduction and special Aspects
- Admission of a Partner
- Retirement or Death of a Partner
- Dissolution : Picemeal Distribution
- Amalgamation & Sale of Firms.
Part Four : Company Accounts
- Hire Purchase Accounts
- Instalment-Purchase Accounts
- Lease Accounting
- Branch Accounting.
Unit I – Share Capital
Unit II – Redeemable Preference Shares
Unit III – Debentures
Part Five : Analysis of Financial Statements
- Company Final Accounts
- Amalgamation, Absorption, Internal And External
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Ratio Analysis
- Cash Flow Statement.
13th Revised Edition