Mathematical concepts are an absolute necessity for physics and engineering students. Various mathematical methods are used to study, understand and develop new theories in all the branches of physics. In this book some advanced mathematical methods are explained, keeping in mind the requirements of physics students. The book is aimed for the undergraduate and postgraduate physics students and engineering students. The research student will also find it useful as a quick reference book.
- Each topic is explained from the basics to make it a self-sufficient book.
- All the concepts are explained with the help of examples and solved problems.
- Unsolved problems are given at the end of each chapter for more practice.
- Applications of concepts in physics are discussed.
- Sets, Relations and Operations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Homomorphism and Isomorphism
- Vector Spaces
- Linear Transformations
- Linear Transformations and Matrices
- Eigenvalue Problems and Diagonalization
- Function of Matrices
- Cartesian Tensors
- Physical Tensors