This very popular textbook is designed for MBA, M.A. (Business Economics), M.Com., M.A. (International Business), AIMA, M.F.C., PGDBA, B.B.A and B.B.M. courses of Indian Universities and Institutes.
- Very comprehensive text with lucid and easy language.
- Emphasis given to the application of the analytical and empirical tools.
- Greater emphasis on explanation of the more difficult concepts and methods.
- Large number of Case Studies alongwith the solved examples in the text.
- Summary, meaning of important concepts given at the end of each chapter as well as more than 800 questions, problems and review questions.
PART I - The Introduction
- Meaning and Scope
- Fundamental Concepts, Models and Methods
- Alternative Objectives of the Firm.
PART II - The Demand
- Theory of Consumer Choice
- Demand Analysis
- Elasticity of Demand and Demand Estimation
- Demand Forecasting—An Introduction
- Methods of Demand Forecasting
- Advertising and Demand
PART III - Production and Cost
- Supply and Production Decision
- Cost of Production (Appendix Cost Elasticity, Cost control and Reduction)
- Inventory Cost Management.
PART IV - Pricing and Output Decisions
- Theory of Pricing—Perfect Competition and Monopoly
- The Limiting Cases
- Theory of Pricing—Monopolistic Competition, Duopoly and Oligopoly
- Pricing Practices and Strategies
- Advanced Topics in Pricing Theory (peak-Load pricing, Pricing over Life cycle of Product, Public Utility Rate Regulation Muliproduct pricing, Transfer pricing) (Appendix
- Optimum Product Line)
- General considerations in Pricing and Price Forecasting.
PART V - The Profit
- Factor Markets and Factor Prices. Profit—Theory and Measurement
- Profit : Policy, Planning, Control and Forecasting Break-even Analysis and Ratio Analysis.
PART VI - Capital Budgeting
- Long Term Investment Decisions : Capital Budgeting : Evaluating Capital Projects
- Capital Budgeting : Cost of Capital
- Risk in Project Analysis.
PART VII - Economic Activity and the Role of Government
- National Income and Business Cycle
- The Role of Government in Market Economy
- Government and Business : An Analysis of Economic Policy — An Indian Case
- Public Sector Decisions.
PART VIII - The External Sector
- International Trade and International Finance
- Economic Decisions in Multinational Setting.
PART IX - Quantitative Techniques of Economic Analysis
- Linear Programming and Optimising Products
- Input-Output Analysis
- Game Theory and Strategic Decision Making
- Integrating Case Studies
- Review Questions
- Answers to Questions
- Present Value Tables
- Mathematical Treatment of Managerial Economics.
21st Revised Edition