The book is essentially non – mathematical in character and an attempt has been made to illustrate the application of statistical techniques with the help of business data. Various types of study material are given at the end of each chapter to aid the students in applying the principles discussed in the text. The object is to develop the faculty of thinking amongst the students and to develop the skill of performing the calculations needed for various methods of analysis.
Salient Features of New Edition
- The entire text of this edition has been thoroughly revised. In particular more attention has been given to chapters like Tests of Hypothesis, Estimation, Chi-Square Test, Statistical Decision Decision Theory.
- A unique feature of the book is that most chapters end with an interesting write up in the form of Ethical Consideration. The matter has been put in very distinct block I am sure the readers would appreciate it.
- Every effort has been made to reduce to the minimum the printing or calculation mistakes.
Appendix: Statistical Tables
- Business Statistics - What & Why
- Collection of Data
- Presentation of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variations
- Skewness, Moments and Kurtosis
- Correlation analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Index Numbers : Concepts and Applications
- Business Forecasting and Time Series Analysis
- Probability Distributions
- Sampling and Sampling Distributions
- Estimation of Parameters
- Test of Hypothesis
- Small Sampling Theory
- Chi-Square Test
- Analysis of Variance
- Statistical Quality Control
- Partial and Multiple Correlation and Regression
- Statistical Decision Theory
19th Revised Edition