The text book on "Business Statistics and Operations Research" provides a conceptual understanding of basic techniques of Statistics and Operations Research for solving managerial and business problems. The book discusses comprehensively the essential topics of quantitative decision-making by using various illustrations and examples. The book covers complete syllabus of B.Com. &BBA prescribed by most Indian Universities.
- Book is divided into two parts: Part I gives basic concepts of Statistics and Part II provides various Operations Research Techniques.
- There are detailed self contained chapters covering the syllabus completely.
- The language used in the text is simple and subject-matter has been presented in a lucid style.
- Special care has been taken to develop the concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Chapter on Network Analysis is discussed in detail due to its importance in solving complex business problems.
- Classification And Tabulation
- Diagrammatic And Graphic Presentation
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variation
- Skewness, Moments And Kurtosis
- Correlation Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Index Numbers
- Analysis of Time Series
- Tests of Hypotheses
- Chi-Square Test
- Analysis of Variance
- Statistical Quality Control
- Operations Research — An Overview
- Linear Programming
- Linear Programming Problem — Solution Methods
- Duality in Linear Programming
- Transportation Problem
- Assignment Problem
- Network Analysis — PERT/CPM
6th Revised Edition