This book on Quantitative Techniques and Operations Research provides a conceptual understanding of basic quantitative techniques/methods used in solving managerial problems. It discusses comprehensively the essential topics of quantitative decision-making by using illustrations and examples. With revised and updated contents, this edition of the book will be useful to the students pursuing the undergraduate programme in Management and Commerce.
- The chapters on Linear Programming Problems are rewritten and have been designed to take the reader through gradual increase in complexity.
- Chapter 2 of part II is completely dealt with the formulation of linear programming models from business and economics.
- Given its importance in the current business environment, chapter on Operations Scheduling has been dealt with at length.
Part I: Quantitative Techniques
- Quantitative Techniques – Introduction
- Introduction to Statistics
- Classification and Tabulation
- Diagrammatic and Graphic Presentations
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variation
- Skewness Moments and Kurtosis
- Correlations Analysis
- Regression Analysis Questions Papers
Part II: Operations Research
- Managerial decision-making and Operations Research
- Linear Programming
- Linear Programming Problem – Solution Method
- Duality in Linear Programming
- Transportation Problem
- Assignment Problem
- Operations Scheduling
4th Revised Edition