- The Book incorporates the New Education Policy/CBCS guidelines.
- The entire subject matter has been presented with proper sub-headings to facilitate readers to understand the subject matter in a more systematic manner.
- SI units are used throughout.
- In few chapters, some subject materials have been added catering to the need of M. Sc. Syllabi.
- Simple, systematic and logical development of the subject with emphasis on the underlying fundamental concepts, principles and applications are the attractive aspects of the Book.
- A number of solved examples well integrated into the body of the text has been included which will give the students manifold opportunities to understand the topics being presented.
- Various questions and numerical (include by objective type and multiple question type) that are set in the Examination of B.Sc., M.Sc. or competitive courses have been given at the end of each chapter.
- Inclusion of a new type of Question Banks has been made.
- The book has been thoroughly revised and imparted a new look.
Unit-I: chemical principles
Unit-II: States of Matter
- Structure of Atom
- Structure of Atom (Modern Picture)
- Classification of Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Transformation
- Chemical Bonding (i)—Classical Approach
- Theory of Chemical Bonding (ii)—Modern Aproach
- The Gaseous State
- Real Gases
- Properties of Liquids
- The Solid State
- Introduction to Chemical Thermodynamics
- The First Law of Thermodyamics
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics
- The Third Law of Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Nernst Distribution Law
- The Phase Rule
Unit-V: Surface Chemistry
- Theory of Dilute Solutions
Unit-VI: Rates and Mechanisms
- The Colloidal State
- Chemical Kinetics
Unit-VIII: Structure of Molecules
- Electrolysis and Electrical Conductivity
- Migration of Ions
- Ionic Equilibria
- Acids and Bases
- Solubility Product and Hydrolysis
- Electromotive Force
- Physical Properties and Chemical Constitution
- Irreversible Thermodynamics
- Statistical Thermodynamics
24 Revised Edition