- Explains the various physical concepts of chemistry in a very lucid form.
- Mathematical deductions are presented in a simple and logical manner.
- New type of questions, numerical problems, etc. have been incorporated.
- Emphasis on questions from IIT/PMT/Engg. and Civil Services Examinations.
Unit I—Chemical Principles
Unit II—States of Matter
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Transformation
- Theory of Chemical Bonding
- New Type Question Bank.
- The Gaseous State
- Real Gases
- Properties of Liquids
- The Solid State.
- The First Law of Thermodynamics
- Second Law of Thermodynamics
- The Third Law of Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Nernest Distribution Law
- The Phase Rule
Unit V—Surface Chemistry
- Theory of Dilute Solutions
- Colligative Properties of Dilute Solutions.
Unit VI—Rates and Mechanisms
- The Colloidal State.
- Chemical Kinetics
- Photochemistry .
Unit VIII—Structure of Molecules
- Electrolysis and Electrical Conductivity
- Migration of Ions
- lonic Equilibria
- Acids and Bases
- Solubility Product and Hydrolysis
- Electromotive Force.
- Physical Properties and Chemical Constitution
- Macro Molecules
- Irreversible Thermodynamics
- Statistical Thermodynamics.
- Conversion Factors and Fundamental Constants
- Greek Alphabets
- Tables: Logarithms and Antilogarithms.
- Additional University Examination Questions.
23 Revised Edition