- Principles of Management (Sixth Edition) – is the revised version of one of the bestselling books of the author. The book has been prescribed by scores of Universities in India, Africa, Middle East, South East Asia and professional institutes like Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Cost and Management Accountants, Institute of Company Secretaries, etc.
- The book has been recommended by renowned professors, college teachers and appreciated by students across generations. The first edition of the book appeared in 1980. For colleges and institutes where the book is a recommended reading, Google search Dinkar Pagare – Business Management.
- The book presents updated subject matter on management based on latest research and contemporary developments across global organizations and interesting case studies at end of each chapter.
- The present Sixth Edition of the book, like the previous editions, is written in a simple, lucid, and conversational manner.
- The current edition acknowledges the additions and improvements suggested by valued readers.
- The chapter 'Types of Organization', gives a detailed discussion on Project, Matrix, Committee and Free-Form Organizations.
- The chapter 'Groups in Organization' presents an informed discussion on Group Dynamics and Sociometry.
- The chapter 'Types and Techniques of Training' presents well-researched matter on Role Playing, Management Games, Brainstorming and Sensitivity Training Techniques.
- The chapter, 'Motivation' incorporates the modern theories of motivation, e.g., Expectancy, 'Z' and Job Satisfaction.
- The chapter, 'Control Devices' presents a comprehensive discussion on Break-Even Point Analysis, Return on Investment Control (ROI), Programme Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT), Management Information System (MIS), and Cybernetics.
- Evolution of Management Thought and Practice
- Schools of Management
- Scientific Management
- Fayol’s Theory of Management
- Hawthorne Experiments
- Nature and Importance of Planning
- Process of Planning
- Methods of Planning
- Nature and Importance of Organization
- Organization Theory
- Types of Organization
- Assignment of Responsibility and Delegation of Authority
- Informal Groups Within formal Organization
- Role of Communication in Management
- Methods of Communication
- Nature and Functions of Personnel Management
- Personnel Planning
- Types and Techniques of Training
- Job Design, Job Analysis, and Job Evaluation
- Personnel Compensation and Methods of Wage Payment
- Directing Function of Management
- Directing Function – Leadership
- Nature and Process of Control
- Control Devices
- Business Objectives and Social Responsibilities
6th Revised Edition