About the Book
The book aims to familiarize the students with the forms of business organisation and contemporary issues. Substantive coverage has been given to the topics like Business as a System, Business and Environment interface, Business Ethics, Social Responsibilities of Business, Forms of Business Organisation, MNC's Business Combination, Dimensions of Business Environment; Uncertainty and Business; Environmental Analysis and Diagnosis, Environment scanning techniques, Entrepreneurial ideas and opportunities in contemporary business environment; Process of Entrepreneurship; Forms of Entrepreneurship; Skill India, Start Up India, Make in India, Glocalisation, Emerging Issues and Challenges; Innovation in Organisational Design; Learning Organisations, Workforce Diversity, Franchising, Outsourcing, and E-commerce; Government and business interface; Sustainability; Digitalisation and Technological innovations Government and Business Interface. This text book has incorporated all the components of the syllabus of University of Delhi Undergraduate Curriculum Framework-2022, B.Com (Hons) Generic Elective BCH: GE- 1.1.(GE 1) and B. A (Programme) Commerce Courses for Undergraduate Programme of study with discipline as one of the Major. This book has been designed to be an effective learning tool.
- Attention has been focused on the overall plan and sequence of contents between and within chapters for a clearer, more succinct format. The subject matter has been presented in a simple language to provide better understanding of business organisation concepts and practices
- Adequate emphasis has been given to conceptual clarity and application of basic concepts to satisfy the learning outcomes: (i) understand the dynamics of business organisations, (ii) Describe the various forms of business organisations, (iii) Understand varied perspectives related to business environment and entrepreneurship, (iv) Appreciate the change in working pattern of modern organisations.
- Learning outcomes in the beginning of each chapter to give a bird's eye view of the contents.
- The important aspects of this book are the use of diagrams, exhibits, tables, and figures to make the complex topics self-explanatory.
- Important questions are given at the end of each chapter for students to test their knowledge and understanding of the topics covered in the chapter.
- Practical Exercises/Small Project in accordance with the syllabus have been given at the end of each chapter to understand the practical aspect of marketing.
This text book is structured in five units with fourteen chapters:
Unit 1: Introduction
Unit 2: Business Enterprises
Unit 3: Business Environment
Unit 4: Entrepreneurship: Founding the Business
Unit 5: Contemporary Issues of Business Organisations
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
UNIT II: BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
- Concept, Nature and Scope of Business
- Business System
- Business Objectives
- Business and Environment Interface
- Social Responsibility of Business and business Ethics
UNIT III: BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- Forms of Business Ownership – I
- Forms of Business Ownership – II
- Business Combinations
UNIT IV: ENTREPRENEURSHIP: FOUNDING THE BUSINESS
- Business Environment
- Environmental Analysis and Diagnosis
UNIT V: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES OF BUSINESS ORGANISATION
- Entrepreneurship: Founding The Business
- Skill India, Startup India, Make in India, and Globalization
- Contemporary Issues of Business Organisation – I
- Contemporary Issues of Business Organisations - II