The current edition of the book reflects a comprehensive revision and restructuring. Each chapter has been rewritten to not only integrate the latest advancements in Strategic Management but also to enhance the clarity and conciseness of the subject matter. Consequently, this edition represents a significant improvement, both in terms of content and presentation.
- New Topics added “Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics”, “Corporate Governance” and “Role of Artificial Intelligence in Strategic Management”
- Includes new and updated case studies based on latest trends in corporate sector
- Most comprehensive and authentic coverage of subject-matter with latest development.
- Subject-matter presented in simple and lucid style with Figures, Tables, and Exhibits.
- Proper blend of theory and practice.
- An opening illustration of Strategic Management practice of a prominent company in each chapter to enable readers to relate Strategic Management concepts with Strategic Management practices easily.
- Multiple choice questions, short answer questions, discussion/application questions, and practical exercise at the end of each chapter to test the assimilation of subject-matter.
- Case at the end of each chapter for class-room discussion to sharpen diagnostic and analytical skills of the readers.
- Comprehensive cases involving more than one issue of Strategic Management at the end.
- Guidelines for learning through cases at the end of the book to enable the readers to make full use of learning through cases.
- Glossary at the end of the book for bird's eye view.
- Thus, the present edition is ideally suited to MBA/PGDM and other relevant courses.
Part I – Conceptual Framework of Strategic Management
Part II – Strategic Intent and Strategy Formulation
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Process
Part III – Strategy Implementation
- Strategic Intent
- Environmental Analysis
- Organizational Analysis
- Corporate Strategies: Stability, Expansion, Retrenchment
- Corporate Strategies: Internationalization and Digitalization
- Business Strategies
- Choice of Strategy
Part IV – Strategic Control
- Activating Strategy
- Structural Implementation
- Behavioural Implementation
- Functional Implementation
- Strategic Control
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- The Role of Artificial Intelligencein Strategic Management
8th Revised Edition