- The subject matter in the book has undergone total methodical churning (in Hindi called Manthan). Nectar has been retained for use by our ever-increasing readership extending over last four decades.
- This nectar provides the platform for discussion and debate on various issues confronting the Indian Economy as it emerges world leader.
- With the termination of centralized planning and disbanding of the Planning Commission many earlier contentious issues have been laid to rest. Instead new issues have flourished arising out of the wave of new Policies and Programmes launched and implemented by the governments, both at centre and states.
- Institutional and structural transformation is on cards. Each of the developments, at all fronts have been fine combed in an effort to present a simplified view of the emerging structure of the Indian Economy.
- Subject matter has been collated from hundreds of sources, facilitated by new technology of Internet.
- The art and craft of presentation has advanced further with the use of new technology. It is simple, easy to understand and novel.
- Up-to-date facts and figures have been used, collected from numerous official and Non-official sources.
- Long statistical tables have been dispensed with where ever possible. Instead images have been the used to present an easy environment for simple understanding of the subject.
Section I: Issues in Economic Policy
Section II: Resource Profile of the Economy
- Economic Policy: Concept and Applications
- Evolution of Indian Economic Policy
- Poverty in India
- Natural Resources
- Infrastructure (Transport, Communication and Energy)
- Human Resources
- National Income and Capital Formation
Section III: Development Planning in India
- Era of Five-Year Plans in India (1951–2017)
- Distribution of Income and Balanced Regional Development
- Labour Force Policy and Unemployment
- Price Level: Trends and Policy
Section IV: The Agricultural Sector
Section V: industry & Trade
- Agriculture: Growth and Policy
- Technological Changes in Agriculture: Agricultural Inputs
- Structural and Institutional Changes in Agriculture: Land Reforms in India and Agricultural Labour
- Agricultural Finance and Marketing
- Food Security and Agriculture Price Policy
- Development, Co-operation and Panchayati Raj
- Industrial Progress During Plans
- Industrial Policy and Licensing
- Public Enterprises and Privatisation
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Foreign Trade of India and Balance of Payments
- Foreign Capital and Multinational Corporations in India
Section VI: Banking and Finance
- Financial System and Commercial Banking in India
- Reserve Bank and Monetary Regulation in India
- Industrial Finance and Development Banking in India
- Fiscal System in India
- Modi-Era Economics: Reform to Transform
31st Revised Edition