The book provides a comprehensive coverage of the course-content requirements of the students appearing the paper 'Management Accounting' at the B.Com, M.Com, BBA and MBA Examinations of different Indian Universities. The book has been divided into THREE Convenient Sections. Each Section covers a different aspect of 'Management Accounting' with the subject divided into chapters covering different topics in a systematic and concise manner.
The unique features of this book lie in its simplicity of style and systematic presentation of theory and graded practical illustrations which have made it user friendly mainly the students. The other main strengths of this book are: exhaustive text plentiful illustrative examples and end-of-the-chapter exercises with answers.
NEW FEATURES IN THIS EDITION
- Updated position regarding, IFRSs and steps for their convergence in India.
- Certain new concepts viz. Target Costing, Kaizen Costing and Balanced Scorecard have been incorporated in Chapter 3 (Section A) and Appendix 1 of the book.
- Schedule III regarding presentation of financial statements as per the Companies Act, 2013 has been incorporated as an Appendix 5 to the book.
SECTION A - FUNDAMENTALS
1. Management Accounting: Nature and Scope
2. Financial Accounting Principles
3. Basic Cost Concepts
4. Activity Based Costing
SECTION B - FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
1. Financial Statements: Analysis and Interpretation
2. Ratio Analysis
3. Funds Flow Analysis
4. Cash Flow Analysis
SECTION C - PLANNING & CONTROL
1. Budgetary Control
2. Standard Costing
3. Variance Analysis
4. Marginal Costing and Profit Planning
5. Decisions Involving Alternative Choices
6. Pricing Decisions & Divisional Performance
7. Basics of Capital Budgeting
8. Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting
9. Management Reporting
SECTION D - APPENDICES
Appendix 1: Balanced Scorecard
Appendix 2: Present Value of Re 1
Appendix 3: Present Value of Re 1 Received annually for N Years
Appendix 4: Compound Value of Re 1
Appendix 5: Presentation of Financial Statements
University Question Papers
18th Revised Edition