About the Book
The book provides a comprehensive coverage of the course-content requirements of the students appearing the paper 'Financial Management' at the B. Com and BBA Examinations of different Indian Universities as per CBCS syllabus. The book has been divided into FOUR convenient Sections. Each Section covers a different aspect of 'Financial Management' with the subject divided into chapters covering different topics in a systematic and concise manner.
The unique feature of this book lies in its simple and systematic presentation of theory, which would enable the students to solve practical problems with ease. The other main strengths of this book are: plentiful illustrative examples and end-of-the-chapter exercises with short answers.
New in the Twelfth Edition
- Incorporates latest relevant provisions of different legislations viz. The Companies Act 2013, The Finance Act 2018: Industrial Development Regulation Act, 1951 etc., having a bearing on financial management of an organization.
- Updates the details regarding working of different financial institutions providing finance to various sectors of economy.
- Explains recent measures taken by the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and financial institutions including Reserve Bank of India for strengthening the financial sector.
- Adds questions, problems and cases from recent university and professional examinations.
SECTION A: FOUNDATIONS OF FINANCE
SECTION B: FUNDS MANAGEMENT
- Financial Management – Meaning and Scope
- Concepts in Valuation
- Valuation of Securities
- Risk and Return
SECTION C: LONG – TERM FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Financial Planning – Meaning and Scope
- Capital Structure
- Sources of Finance
SECTION D: WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Basics of Capital Budgeting
- Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting
- Dividend Policy
- Cost of Capital
SECTOR E: APPENDICES
- Basics of Working Capital Management
- Management of Cash
- Management of Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Management of Inventory
- Appendix I: Table I – Present Value of Re. 1
- Appendix II: Table II – Present Value of Re. 1 Received Annually for N Years
- Appendix III: Table III- Compound Value of Re.1
- Appendix IV: Table IV – The Compound Value of an annuity of Rs. 1
- Appendix V: Table V – Factor for Compounded Value of an annuity i.e., CVAF (r % n)
12th Revised Edition