The book provides a comprehensive coverage of the course-content requirements of the students appearing the paper 'Financial & Management Accounting' at the PGDBM and MBA Examinations of different Management Institutions. The book has been divided into TWO Convenient Sections. Section 1 deals with Financial Accounting while section 2 concerned with Mangement Accountong.
The unique features of this book lie in its simple and simplicity of style and systematic presentation of theory and graded practical illustrations which have made it user friendly mainly the students. The other main strengths of this book are: exhaustive text plentiful illustrative examples and end-of-the-chapter exercises with answers.
- Updated position regarding, IFRSs and steps for their convergence in India.
- Certain new concepts viz. Target Costing, Kaizen Costing and Balanced Scorecard have been incorporated in Chapter 3 (Section A) and Appendix 1 of the book.
- Schedule III regarding presentation of financial statements as per the Companies Act, 2013 has been incorporated as an Appendix 5 to the book.
Part I – Financial Accounting
Part II – Management Accounting
- Meaning and Scope of Accounting
- Accounting Principles
- Journalising Transactions
- Ledger Posting and Trial Balance
- Sub-division of Journal
- Negotiable Instruments
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Matching Concept
- Capital and Revenue
- Final Accounts
Section A : Fundamentals
Section B : Financial Analysis
- Management Accounting – Nature and Scope
- Basic Cost Concepts
Section C : Planning & Control
- Financial Statements – Analysis and Interpretation
- Ratios Analysis
- Funds Flow Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
Section D : Appendices
- Budgetary Control
- Standard Costing
- Variance Analysis
- Marginal Costing and Profit Planning
- Decisions involving Alternative Choices
- Appendix 1 : Presentation of Financial Statements
- Appendix 2 : Balanced Scorecard
6th Revised Edition