The book provides a comprehensive coverage of the course-content requirements of the students appearing the paper 'Financial Management' at the B. Com and BBA Examinations of different Indian Universities as per CBCS syllabus. The book has been divided into FOUR convenient Sections. Each Section covers a different aspect of 'Financial Management' with the subject divided into chapters covering different topics in a systematic and concise manner.
The unique feature of this book lies in its simple and systematic presentation of theory, which would enable the students to solve practical problems with ease. The other main strengths of this book are: plentiful illustrative examples and end-of-the-chapter exercises with short answers.
New in the Fifteenth Edition
- Incorporates latest relevant provisions of different legislations viz. The Companies Act 2013, The Finance Act 2018: Industrial Development Regulation Act, 1951 etc., having a bearing on financial management of an organization.
- Updates the details regarding working of different financial institutions providing finance to various sectors of economy.
- Explains recent measures taken by the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and financial institutions including Reserve Bank of India for strengthening the financial sector.
- Adds questions, problems and cases from recent university and professional examinations.
Section A: Foundations of Finance
Section B: Financial Analysis
- Financial Management : Meaning and Scope
- Concepts in Valuation
- Valuation of Securities
- Risk and Return
- Regulatory Framework
Section C: Cost Analysis
- Financial Statements : Analysis and Interpretation
- Ratio Analysis
- Funds Flow Analysis
- Cash flow Analysis
Section D: Funds Management
- Basic Cost Concepts
- Marginal Costing and Profit Planning
- Decisions Involving Alternative Choices
- Budgetary Control
Section E: Miscellaneous
- Financial Planning – Meaning and Scope
- Capital Structure
- Sources of Finance
- Project Management
- Basics of Capital Budgeting
- Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting
- Working Capital Management
- Working Capital Control and Banking Policy
- Cost of Capital
- Dividends, Bonus and Rights
Section F : Advanced Solved Problems
Section G: Advanced Unsolved Problems and Appendices
- Valuation of Goodwill and Shares
- Tax Implications and Financial Planning
- Industrial Sickness
- Lease Financing
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Corporate Restructuring: Mergers, Amalgamations and Acquisitions
- Social Cost Benefit Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Issue and Listing of Securities
- Financial Management in Public Sector Enterprises
- Inflation and Financial Management
15th Revised & Enlarged Edition