The present text is designed to be a standard text book for students of BBA, B.Com., BBM, BBS etc. it is in response to the demand for a text dealing with the essentials of management. In addition to providing a conceptual framework, the book lays thread, bare the fundamentals of management and presents managerial concepts and techniques in a simple but concise manner. The vast area of knowledge on the subject has been distilled and organised into four units.
- Chapter contents in the beginning of every chapter to provide a bird’s eyeview of the contents.
- Tables and Diagrams to illustrate the text.
- Conceptual, Objective Type and Long Answer Questions at the end of every chapter.
- A concise and to the point description of the object.
- Lucid, simple and conversational language.
- Based on the Author’s experience of four decades.
Unit - I
Unit - II
- Nature and Scope of management
- Evolution of management Thought
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility.
Unit - III
- Decision making
Unit - IV
- Motivation and Morale
- Quality of Work Life.
Appendix : Cases in Management
- Total quality management
- Organisational Change
- Organisation Development.
3rd Revised & Enlarged Edition