Economic history bears evidences to confirm that entrepreneurship development is a pre-condition for industrial and economic development of any economy. That is why countries world over including India have been emphasizing on entrepreneurship development. Started since 1971, India's Entrepreneurship Development Programme, famously known as EDPs, has by now emerged as a movement and is being adopted by some of the developing countries of Asia and Africa.
Realizing that the younger minds are more susceptible to mould and change, entrepreneurship as a subject has been offered in the course curricula right from school level to the higher education. Since the publication of the Seventh Edition of the book titled ‘Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management’, some significant changes taken place in the industrial economy of India have necessitated revising the subject matter to make the book, most presumptuous and contemporary.
- Each chapter opens with theme-based quotation as a window to peep into the subject matter discussed in the chapter.
- Each chapter begins with the specific learning objectives as takeaways from the chapter to arouse interest among the students / readers.
- The emerging topics in the domain of entrepreneurship are included to make the book all-encompassing and contemporary.
- The subject matter is presented in a lucid and easy to understand style.
- The complex and difficult topics are elaborated in an easily understandable manner with relevant cases in an anecdotal style.
- The questions are given at the end of each chapter to enable the students to recapitulate all what they have learnt from the chapter.
- Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship
- Women Entrepreneurship
- Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Rural Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs)
- Entrepreneurial Motivation
- Business: Its Nature and Scope
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Establishing a Micro and Small Enterprise (Steps in Setting up a Business Venture)
- Small Enterprises (MSMEs) in International Business
- Family Business in India
- Business Incubators, Accelerators and Angel Investors
- Forms of Ownership
- Financing of Small Business
- Lease Financing and Hire-Purchase
- Management Process in Small Business
- Working Capital Management
- Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Issues in Small Business Marketing
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Profit Planning and Budgeting
- Accounting for Small Business
- Growth Strategies for Small Business Enterprises
- Office Organization for Micro and Small Enterprises
- Institutional Assistance to Small Enterprises
- Policy Support to Micro and Small Enterprises
- Legal Framework for Small Business
8th Revised Edition