Creativity and innovation as hallmarks of entrepreneurship have been recognized as the modern day mantra for success in business and industry. It is with this realization, the Government of India, by announcing a number of policies and schemes, has been giving ever increasing emphasis on developing creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship in the country. So much so, increasing number of educational institutions in the country have started offering the paper on creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship in their course curricula. Because Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship, as a subject, is relatively of recent origin in India, there has so far not been any comprehensive textbook available on the subject in the Indian context. The present book is a modest attempt to fill in this gap.
The book is characterized by the following salient features:
- Serves as a pioneering textbook on creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship written in the Indian context.
- Covers the subject matter on creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship in an all-encompassing manner.
- Each chapter begins with the specific learning objectives as takeaways.
- Each chapter and its subsequent topics begins with theme-based quotations to serve as inroad to proceed further.
- Elaborates the complex and difficult topics in an easily understandable manner with relevant cases in an anecdotal style.
Section I: Entrepreneurship
Section II: Creativity
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs)
Section III: Innovation
- Introduction to Creativity
- Creative Tools and Techniques
- Entrepreneurial Creativity
Section IV: Incubators and Accelerators
- Introduction to Innovation
- Moving Innovation to Market
- Management of Technology
- Asset Protection
- Technology Maturity, Obsolescence and Discontinuities
- The Business Incubators and Accelerators
- The Business Incubator Players
- Start-ups and Innovations
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Innovation