The following topics have been added in the revised edition:
Some of the distinctive features of the book are as follows:
- Buying Roles
- Types of Buying Decisions
- Scope of Marketing
- Process of Marketing Management
- Profile of Rural Markets
We sincerely believe that there is always scope for improvement. Therefore, we invite suggestions for further enriching the book.
- Learning Objectives to give a bird’s eyeview of the topics covered in each chapter.
- Lucid, concise and simple language.
- Real life illustrations from Indian industry.
- Liberal use of tables and diagrams to illustrate the text.
- Summary at the end of every chapter for quick revision.
- Case Study at the end of each chapter.
- Test Questions culled from examinations of various Universities and Business Schools.
- Select Bibliography for further study.
PART—I : INTRODUCTION (INDENTIFYING AND UNDERSTANDING THE MARKET)
PART—II : PRODUCT MIX (CREATING VALUE)
- Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing
- Modern Marketing Concept
- Marketing Environment and Marketing System
- Consumer or Buyer Behaviour
- Market Segmentation and Marketing Mix
- Marketing Research and Marketing Information System
PART—III : PRICING (CAPTURING VALUE)
PART—IV : DISTRIBUTION (DELIVERING VALUE)
- Product Planning and Product Mix
- New Product Development
PART—V : PROMOTION (COMMUNICATING VALUE)
- Channels of Distribution
- Physical Distribution of Goods
PART—VI : MARKETING AND SOCIETY
- Promotion Mix
- Personal Selling
- Sales Promotion, Publicity and Public Relations
Some Syllabi on Marketing Management
- Consumer Protection in India
- Marketing of Services
- Rural Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Recent Issues and Developments in Marketing
19th Thoroughly Revised Edition