The book is an indispensable and well-written book on Marketing and contains several distinctive features. It contains several topics of contemporary interest eg., Relationship Marketing, Social Marketing, Rural Marketing, Market of Services, Consumer Protection, Strategic Marketing, Online Marketing and so on.
Some of the distinctive features of the book are as follows:
We sincerely believe that there is always scope for improvement. Therefore, we invite suggestions for further enriching the book.
- Learning Objectives to give a bird’s eyeview of the topics covered in each chapter.
- Lucid, concise and simple language.
- Real life illustrations from Indian industry.
- Liberal use of tables and diagrams to illustrate the text.
- Summary at the end of every chapter for quick revision.
- Case Study at the end of each chapter.
- Test Questions culled from examinations of various Universities and Business Schools.
- Select Bibliography for further study.
Part I : Introduction (Indentifying and Understanding the Market)
Part II: Product Mix (Creating Value)
- Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing
- Modern Marketing Concept
- Marketing Environment and Marketing System
- Consumer or Buyer Behaviour
- Market Segmentation and Marketing Mix
- Marketing Research and Marketing Information System
Part III: Pricing (Capturing Value)
Part IV: Distribution (Delivering Value)
- Product Planning and Product Mix
- New Product Development
Part V: Promotion (Communicating Value)
- Channels of Distribution
- Physical Distribution of Goods
Part VI: Marketing and Society
- Promotion Mix
- Personal Selling
- Sales Promotion, Publicity and Public Relations
Some Syllabi on Marketing Management
- Consumer Protection in India
- Marketing of Services
- Rural Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Recent Issues and Developments in Marketing
19th Thoroughly Revised Edition