This book resulting from forty years of teaching experience and guiding students enrolled from diverse streams. The text covers the revolutionary changes in the area of marketing, both academic and professional, demand pedagogical changes. The whole text is based on value perceptions and their application to appropriate marketing strategies and their implementation. It is built around the concepts of Value Exploration, Value Identification and crafting and translating values to different strategies such as Pricing, Communication, Delivery, Value Enhancement and Value Sustenance.
- Each chapter begins with the very basics and gradually progresses to advanced levels.
- Marketing Realities – “Illustrative Windows” are provided in each chapter. These are real cases that will enable students to grab even intricate issues with clarity in perspective.
- Review questions and Case studies have been given in every chapter to help the students to assimilate the subject and learn its practical aspects.
- Care has been taken to provide appropriate citations for all materials included in the text.
- Concepts and Perspectives of Value
- Evolution of Value Concept – Origin to Present
- Value Perception – Corporate Level and Consumer Level
- Origin and Sources of Value Perception – External Environment Analysis
- Value Exploration – Tools and Process
- Reckoning and Relating Values – Consumer Behaviour and Segmentation
- Premises for Value Creation
- Assessing Market Opportunities – Crafting Value Estimation Process
- Structuring Organizational Support for Value Creation – Planning Organizing and Controlling Marketing Efforts
- Translating and Merging Values into Product Concepts – The Product Mix
- Matching Perceptions and Capturing Values – The Pricing
- Stabilising Value through Communication Mass Promotional Techniques
- Stabilising Value through Direct Promotional Techniques
- Value Delivery – Mechanics of Possession Transferring and Supply Chain Management
- Value Enhancement – Strategies for Obtaining Results
- Value Creation for Business to Business Markets – (B2B)
- Value Creation for Consumer Markets 0 (B2C)
- Creating Value for Services (Marketing of Services)
- Value Creation for Rural Markets
- Global Marketing
- Value Sustenance’s – Customer Relationship Management