This streamlined volume covers the principles, concepts and application of management to provide the readers with a solid foundation for understanding key issues of management. A comprehensive and updated text book on “Management: Principles and Applications” has been designed by keeping in mind the requirements of the syllabus of B.Com. (H) CBCS (LOCF) Semester III BCH: 3.3, University of Delhi. This book meets the requirement of the syllabus of Credit Based System implemented in Delhi Universities and other universities in under graduate Commerce courses. The book is structured in five parts with twenty three chapters. The salient features of this volume are:
1. Concepts are explained in a lucid and succinct manner.
2. Texts are designed to ensure ease of grasping of concepts.
3. This volume provide extensive and comprehensive coverage of all the topics in the syllabus
4. The subject matter has been presented in a simple language and with a minimum of technical terminology.
5. Adequate emphasis has been given to conceptual clarity and application of basic concepts to satisfy the five learning outcomes specified in the syllabus.
6. Use of diagrams, exhibits, tables, and figures has been incorporated to make the complex topics selfexplanatory.
7. Large numbers of new and updated real-world examples are incorporated to ensure ease of grasping of concepts.
8. The examples have been given at appropriate places in the book to make the subject more interesting for the students.
9. Learning outcomes in the beginning of each chapter to give a bird's eye view of the contents and a practical management in action case study.
10. Important questions are given at the end of each chapter for students to test their knowledge and understanding of the topics covered in the chapter.
11. The case study has been incorporated at the end of each chapter to enable the students to apply the concepts leant.
Unit 1: Introduction
Unit 2: Planning
Unit 3: Organizing
Unit 4: Directing and Controlling
Unit 5: Salient Development and Contemporary Issues in Management
Ist Edition 2020