This book has been written with the twin goals of educating students about the nuances of Income Tax so that they can compute income from various heads as well as making the students aware about the compliance required for smooth functioning of Income Tax scheme.
Amendments made by the Finance Bill, 2022 are duly incorporated as silent features of the book and are appropriately highlighted.
New amendments of Finance Act 2021 have been incorporated at appropriate places in this book.
This comprehensive book on Income Tax: Law and Practice meets the need of B.Com., BBA, M.Com., MBA and similar professional courses in Commerce and Management offered by various Universities across the country.
Tabular and Graphical Presentation of all key provisions of the Income-tax Act which helps student to understand income tax in easiest way.
Dedicated chapters on analysis of income, giving itemized compliance requirement by the
tax-payers as well as complete steps required for filing returns are presented in this book in a very effective manner.
The author speaks about the salient features of the book -
Salient Features of Finance Act, 2022
Income Tax for Non-Resident: Taxable Income & Deduction
- Basic Concepts that One must Know
- Residential Status
- Incomes Exempt from Tax
- Income From “Salaries”
- Income from House Property
- Profit and Gains of Business or Profession
- Determination of Income on Presumptive Basis
- Capital Gains
- Income From other Sources
- Clubbing of Income
- Set-off and Carry forward of Losses
- Deductions to be Made in Computing Total Income
- Assessment of Agricultural Income
- Computation of Total Income and Tax Liability of Individual’s
- Assessment of Hindu Undivided Family
- Assessment of Firm’s Including LLP
- Rebate and Relief of Tax
- Return of Income and E-Filing Procedure
- Tax Deducted at Source and E-TDS Return
- Assessment Procedure
- Leading Cases of Supreme Court
4rd Edition 2021