Modern Human Resource Management has been especially designed and written for Paper CH 4·4 (Human Resource Management) under Fourth Semester of B.Com. (Hons.) course of Delhi University. It has been thoroughly revised so as to cover the syllabus of Four year B.Com. course (lInd Semester) of Delhi University.
- Comprehensive and systematic coverage of the prescribed syllabus.
- Learning Objectives in the beginning of each chapter to provide a bird's eye-view of the contents.
- Extensive use of tables and diagrams to facilitate understanding.
- Examples from Indian industries.
- Summary at the end of each chapter for quick revision before the examination.
- Test questions at the end of each chapter culled from B.Com. (Hons.) examinations of Delhi University.
- Reader friendly format and simple language.
Unit I: Introduction to Human Resource Management
Unit II : Acquisition of Human Resources
- Nature and Scope of Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Department and HR Manager
- Human Resource Policies
Unit III : Training and Development
- Human Resource Planning
- Job Analysis – Job Description and Job Specification
- Recruitment and Selection
- Placement, Induction and Socialisation
Unit IV: Performance, Employee Counseling and Job Changes
- Employee Training
- Management Development Systems
- Career Planning and Development
Unit V: Compensation
- Performance Appraisal
- Employee Counselling
- Job Changes – Transfers and Promotions
Unit VI : Maintenance
- Job Evaluation
- Incentive Plans and Performance Linked Compensation
Unit VII : Emerging Horizons In Human Resource Management
- Employee Health and Safety
- Employee Welfare
- Social Security
- Grievance Handling and Redressal
- Emerging Horizons in Human Resource Management
- APPENDIX: Cases in HRM
- Question Papers