- A conscientious effort has been made all through to keep the treatment simple, lucid and non-mathematical.
- The theoretical description of each sub-section has been followed by simple illustrations. Complex problems have been solved thereafter.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter are substantially reorganised. Hints and answers have been provided for most of the exercises.
- Solved examples and unsolved problems have been drawn from examination papers of M.Com., B.Com., M.A. (Eco.), B.A. (Eco.) PE-I, I.C.W.A., etc.
- ‘Objective Type’ questions are also there at the end of each chapter.
- Meaning and Scope
- Statistical Survey
- Classification and Tabulation
- Diagrammatic and Graphic Presentation
- Measures of Averages
- Measures of Dispersion
- Skewness, Moments & Kurtosis
- Correlation Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Index Numbers
- Analysis of Time Series
- Association of Attributes
- Probability and Expected Value
- Statistical Decision Theory
- Theoretical Distributions
- Sampling and Designing of a Sample Survey
- Test of Hypothesis
- Chi-Square Test
- F-Test and Analysis of Variance
- Statistical Quality Control
- Multiple & Partial Correlation and Regression
- Vital Statistics
- Linear Programming
7th Revised Edition