This book has been especially designed and written as the standard Textbook for B.Com., B.B.A., B.B.M., B.A. and other similar undergraduate courses.
- Lucid, simple and conversational language.
- Liberal use of diagrams and tables to illustrate the text.
- Full coverage of the prescribed syllabus.
- Points to remember for quick revision.
- Questions from university examinations.
- Case Study in each chapter for practical learning.
- Chapter Outline at the beginning of every chapter to give a bird’s eye view of the topics covered.
Unit I : Introduction
Unit II : Planning and Decision-making
- Nature and Scope of Management
- Management Process, Functions and Principles
- Evolution of Management Thought
- Social Responsibility and Ethics.
Unit III : Organising
- Nature and Process of Planning
- Methods and Types of Plans
- Forecasting and Decision-making.
- Management Information System
Unit IV : Staffing
- Nature and Process of Organising
- Theories of Organisation
- Span of Management
- Authority and Responsibility
- Delegation and Decentralisation
- Types of Organisation Structure
- Groups in Organisation 9. Organisation Charts and Manuals.
Unit V : Directing
- Nature and Scope of Staffing
- Recruitment, Selection and Training
- Performance Appraisal and Promotion
- Job Analysis and Job Evaluation.
Unit VI : Control and Coordination
- Nature and Scope of Directing
- Motivation and Morale
- Nature and Process of Controlling
- Techniques of Managerial Control
- Coordination. The Essence of Management
- Techniques of Management.
15th Revised Edition