An indispensable, authoritative and well-written book on the subject, consists several distinctive features.
- Comprehensive coverage of various topics.
- Systematic arrangement and analytical presentation.
- Contains several topics of contemporary interest e.g. Modern Management Gurus, Knowledge Management, Corporate Governance, Network Organisation, Balanced Scorecard, Economic Value Added Management of Family Business, Benchmarking, Business Process Reengineering, TQM, JIT, Six Sigma.
- Lucid and Simple Language.
- Emphasis on conceptual clarity.
- Precise and clear exposition of the text.
Part I–Introduction to Management
Part II–Planning and Decision-making
- Concept and Nature and Scope of Management
- Management Process–Functions and Principles
- Coordination–The Essence of Managing
- Evolution of Management Thought
- Modern Management Gurus
- Management and Environment.
- Nature, Process and Types of Planning
- Management by Objectives
- Strategic Management Process
- Problem Solving
- Nature and Principles of Organisation
- Span of Management
- Authority and Responsibility
- Delegation and Decentralisation
- Forms of Organisation Structure
- Line and Staff Relations
- Theories of Organisation 9. Management of Change
- Organisation Development
- Organisation Charts and Manuals
- Organisational Climate and Culture
- Organisational Conflicts
- Organisational Politics
- Nature and Scope of Staffing
- Selection, Training and Development
- Human Resources–Appraisal and Accounting
- Knowledge Management
- Learning Organisation
- Nature and Scope of Directing
- Motivation and Morale
- Team Building
- Crisis Management
- Corporate Governance
Part VII–Management and Society
- Nature and Process of Controlling
- Techniques of Control
- Management of Public Undertakings
- Social Responsibilities of Business
- Business Ethics
- Japanese Management
- International Management
- Excellence in Management
- Management of Time
- Management of Family Business
- Management of Non-profit Organisation
- Management in Future
- Modern Management Techniques
- The Entrepreneurship Development
- Some Syllabi on management
16th Thoroughly Revised & Enlarged Edition